Tide: Mid to high – rising tide
Beach: Whale bay, Raglan
Weather: Beautiful sunny wintery morning, Surf was good so lots of surfers around.
- 6 Parts of / or whole shoes
- 2 clothes pegs
- 3 drinks straws
- 3 lolly-pop sticks
- 1 pen lid
- 1 Drum tobacco wrapper
- 1 syringe (don’t worry no needle!)
- 9 bits of blue pallet ties
- Bit of wrapper from a coca-cola bottle
- 5 bits of sweet / chocolate wrappers
- 6 bits of plastic wrapping
- 5 bits of shot-gun pellets
- 4 fishing floats
- 9 bits of fishing wire & rope
- 8 bits of miscellaneous material
- 4 plastic bottles (all with lids attached)
- 31 bottle tops
- 2 Juice carton lids
- 5 plastic/foil milk tops
- 22 bits of foam & polystyrene
- I surfboard leash ankle strap
- 3 its of foam fro a surfboard deck pad
- 1 bit of surfboard foam
- 1 black plastic tube
- 150 small pieces of miscellaneous plastic
- 8 large pieces of miscellaneous plastic
Beach status now: RELATIVELY CLEAN!! I don’t know if it was the swell /tide but the beach actually looked clean when I left, I really hope it is my work making a difference!
Amount recycled: 80% – all PET (1), PE-HD (2) and PP (5)
Amount re-used: Surfboard leash ankle strap (Velcro goes into my sewing stuff, hopefully will make something useful!), 2 clothes pegs go on the washing line!
Amount to landfill: un-recyclable parts of shoes, foam and polystyrene.